Sunday, November 23, 2008

I ♥ MamaP

I'd like to take a moment to introduce you to someone very important to me: MamaP!

(MamaP and I in Savannah this past May)

Anyone who knows me knows that I love my mama. Love is probably an understatement. That woman is literally one of my best friends, one of my favorite sounding boards, and I quote information from her like she's WikiMama. As I get older, I become more and more like her and we have an awesome time together. I just ♥ my mama and I'm completely unapologetic about it.

As you can imagine, someone that important to me needs to look her best on my wedding day. Especially since she is walking me down the aisle (awesome, I know). MamaP is willing to wear whatever color I select. But I also know she wants to look like she's part of the bridal party.

She only has two criteria:
1. She wants to coordinate but not look like a bridesmaid.
2. She wants something with sleeves to cover up her arms.

Here's what I came up with. I consider this a starting point. The dresses are Kiwi, Sugar Plum, and Celadon, respectively:

(all images from the Alfred Angelo site; click each set to enlarge)

I aced #1, but glossed over #2. Mostly because I think #2 is a relatively easy fix. We can give her a shawl or something to cover up her arms. I liked these two for MamaP. The tea-length one is my favorite, but I know if the girls end up wearing something floor-length, she'll probably want to wear floor-length too (see criteria #1).

While we're at the Alfred Angelo store, she will definitely be trying these 2 on (you never really know til you see them) along with anything else that may strike her fancy. Normally I'd be most concerned about the color, but for MamaP, I want her to be in something that's flattering, comfortable, and she could maybe wear again to a party. In other words, her outfit has to be truly walking down the aisle-worthy... a MamaP dress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥