Thursday, August 27, 2009

Are Ya Hungry?

If you weren't, you might be in a little bit. Cause I wanna show you our menus!


I can only take about half the credit for this project. For starters, it was all MamaP's idea. One day we were discussing paper-goods in general, things going on the table specifically, and she mentioned that she thought it would be nice to have something on the table describing the food. I thought she meant a few table tents with the menu on it, but no. She meant individual menus. And what did I do? I agreed to do them, only if I could design them.

MamaP's idea + my DIY muscle = an awesome team.

Here's what I came up with:


Ya'll know me, they were designed in PowerPoint and they had to match everything else. I was able to fit 3 on an 8.5x11 sheet, and had them printed at Office Depot. Since were planning for approximately 150 guests (!), I decided that I should outsource the printing to the professionals. It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't terribly expensive either. Plus, I couldn't beat submitting the order online first thing in the morning, and swinging by to pick them up when I got off of work. No sweat, tears or technical difficulties. (I spent about $30 on card stock, printing and peace of mind at Office Depot.)


To finish them off, I layered them over a slightly larger piece of Moss colored card stock from Paper Source. Again, I was able to get 3 back layers out of each sheet of 8.5x11 paper. Ever since I discovered Paper Source early into the wedding planning, I've been dying to find a reason to use them for our paper-goods. And now I have! (I spent about $15 on moss card stock.)

I am not going to lie. Assembling these suckers was an unbelievably huge pain in the arse. Thankfully, BM Naima agreed to come over and help me start them, and my cousins BM Melissa and Natalie helped me finish them this past weekend. Ladies, if you're reading this, thank you from the bottom of my bridal heart.

I know $45 is not bad for about 150 completely custom menus, but I do wish they'd come in a bit cheaper. Nonetheless, I loove how they turned out and I can definitely see why brides pay good money for other people to do this kind of stuff for them.

3 comments:

  1. mmm. food! 45 is not bad at all! i thought you were going to say way more than 30 for Office Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok after reading that menu I might have to be one of the uninvited guest that RSVP. IT is fab! again I ask you can you plan my wedding for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto jameil. I just knew the cost was going to be much more!! $45 somebody out there WISHES she spent $45 for 150 menus!

    ReplyDelete

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥