Wednesday, April 15, 2009

important (random) revelation

I hate to interrupt the wedding talk, but I feel like I need to share something that's really starting to wreck my mood (and my Bridal Brilliance in the process): My house is a mess. Like, its so bad that I now see why people pay good money for house keeping service.

But today I stumbled upon something that I think may work for me...once I get my house cleaned up a bit. Its called the Daily 7 for A Highly Successful Household, and the lady that created it used Covey's 7 Habits for Highly Effective people as the inspiration for 7 behaviors that we can do everyday to make our houses a little cleaner.

Number 1: Make Beds Right Away

Number 2: Do One Complete Load of Laundry

Number 3: Empty All Garbage Cans

Number 4: Keep Your Kitchen Sink Empty

Number 5: Clean Up After Yourself and Help Children Do the Same

Number 6: Bathroom Wipe-Down

Number 7: Before Bed 10-Minute Clean Up

See, it breaks cleaning up into small, manageable tasks. If you do a little every day, the house will stay pretty clean. If you're interested in more details, you can read more about the Daily 7 here.

I actually think I'm going to apply this to my wedding world - which could also use a good bit of spring cleaning. But maybe only 1 or 2 things daily (rather than all 7).

Number 1: Tackle one thing on my growing to-do list, no matter how small (and even if I add two additional things in its place)

Number 2: Have the daily wedding pow wow with my co-planner, MamaP

Now if only I could get in the habit of making my bed...on any day (let alone every day).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥