Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mama's got a brand new dress

One of the highlights of my whirlwind FL shower weekend was that I finally got a chance to eye-ball MamaP’s dress gown!


I wanted her to try it on so that I could snap a pic, but we ran out of time. Hope the catalog pic will tide you over til October. MamaP found this lovely while dress shopping in Ft. Lauderdale with my Godmommy a couple months ago. The color is called “Praline” which I think is fitting and will be very pretty next to my light ivory, and the dark teal that the ‘maids are wearing. I can’t remember the exact dollar amount, but the gown is coming in well under $200, and that includes the cost of the alterations! The seamstress at the store she purchased it from is going to convert the shawl that comes with it to a short-sleeved bolero jacket (ya’ll that know MamaP know she loves her bolero jackets) that looks kind of like this.


The best part? Her ensemble will totally coordinate with mine. From the color to the design, its like her dress is the fabulous, non-bridal, more mature equivalent of mine. Hmm, that’s actually a pretty good definition of MamaP – the fabulous, non-bridal more mature version of me.

::giggles::

5 comments:

  1. beautiful!! I am a big fan of the... rouching? or is it folds? gathering??? whatever the case, that dress looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is going to look fly!! Awwwww :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! This one is looking truly perfect and gorgeous dress... I love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning.!! I will get married very soon, hope to get a similar dress for the wedding celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥