Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This MUST be with a coronary feels like

It's official, you're looking our new scheme: Kiwi, Teal, Ivory, and Peacock.*

I am so worked up.

Like I-need-to-eat-something-and-maybe-have-a-glass-of-wine worked up.

I talked to mom and Dani and were a go for the change. So before I start working out the logistics, I wanted to share some research on the new scheme.

I knew Mrs. Cupcake had a teal and chartreuse wedding, and after some digging, I ran across the inspiration board she shared with the hive. Interestingly, she went through a similar phase where she had purple in her color scheme. I can totally relate now. You can read about her color scheme drama here.

It is the unexpected and uncommon combo that I had been searching for, while also including two colors that I am often drawn to in the rest of my non-wedding-related life." -- Mrs. Cupcake

She said it so much better than I could.

So then I turned back to my latest wedding-related interest: dresses for my girls. Substituting teal for plum, we'd get something like this:

Alfred Angelo dresses in Tealness

For the sake of brevity, I did only floor-length dresses. Not bad, huh?

Staying with Al Angelo, MamaP could end up in something like this:

Alfred Angelo dresses in Seafoam, Lettuce, Pistachio and Pool - not in that order

Like before, ideally, she'd go with a similar but coordinating shade. The palatte seems cooler this go-round, doesn't it?

Here's what I'm thinking now:
1. Not sure how the girls are going to feel about wearing teal. I realize its an acquired taste :)

2. I need to sit down and figure out how to work teal into the decor. Thats something I didn't spend much time on before, and now I'm determined. The flowers are going to be primarily green and white - white hydrangeas and roses. The table linens, ivory. Not doing menus on the table, but we'll find some ways to bring in color.

3. I'm not going to stress too much about the plum I've already purchased. I'm fairly certain the ribbon can be exchanged and the flowers (I got some silk flowers on clearance at Michaels) can be used anyway as a further accent because the idea of teal flowers makes me uncomfy.
Thankfully, my pressure is now returning to its normal rate (whatever that is) and I'm not feeling nearly as anxious. I'm running off now to send a few emails. Don't worry, I'll be back soon though.


*Okay, Peacock isn't officially in the color scheme, I just added it for good measure because its fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥