Friday, February 20, 2009

Feeling Clustered

"Life comes in clusters, clusters of solitude, then a cluster where there is hardly any time to breathe." - Mary Sarton

I saw this quote on the spine of my January Real Simple that I finally got around to reading the other day. (Yup, I know that if it was labeled January it arrived in December) When I saw it, I immediately thought of wedding planning - it definitely comes in clusters. Some days I feel good about where we are. We have the basics and a good bit of the details covered.

And then there are other days...where I am so overwhelmed that I don't even want to talk about the wedding. Or I just want to crawl up in a ball and elope. Except for the fact that I ordered a dress that wont be here til May, and we've paid the deposit for the catering and the photography and the save the dates haven't been sent out that I agonized over....you get the point. This wedding definitely has the ability to get me worked up! Most of it is self-inflicted lunacy, things that only I care about. Sometimes there are bigger issues that others care about, but still expect me to fix.

Patti = the bride/wedding planner/captain-save-a-wedding.

Thankfully the overwhelmed parts don't last very long. But they do happen. And I can definitely see why people hire wedding planners, and why brides generally consider it to be money well spent.

Last week I was struggling to breathe. This week, I've been holding steady in a solitude cluster, thanks to QT with the PHI and a wonderfully relaxing Valentines Day weekend. This isn't to say that everything is perfect, but I'm satisfied with our planning progress and am looking forward to our upcoming milestone: sending our save the dates out.

I'm so glad...trouble don't last always.

2 comments:

  1. i need a planner. i like reading your blog but it reminds me of why i want a planner. i can't get into these details like this. i would lose my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jameil, if you know you want a planner, then I definitely think you'll find some room in the budget for him/her! There are still tons of decisions to make, but the process seems to be far less stressful.

    ReplyDelete

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥