Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reading it Into Existence: Part 5

I hadn't planned to seriously revive the readings series, but I seem to be coming across more viable options lately. Maybe because its getting to be wedding season and people have ceremonies on the brain. Anyway, I found today's reading here. Enjoy!
from Still Life with Woodpecker
by Tom Robbins

"Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.
Considering the PHI majored in criminal justice and spent the last almost 2 years as an officer of the law, this might be a serious contender. I like that its has some personality and is a little offbeat, yet still is honest and true.

You know, all the things you want your wedding ceremony readings to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥