Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Being Prepared

Note: I rarely post "secret" things on this blog. MamaP reads it, the PHI occasionally reads it, and several of my bridesmaids are regular readers. Needless to say, if I want to keep it a secret, the blog is so not the place to put it. This is one of those things that should be a secret, so 'maids, you might want to skip this post, k? Cause I'm going to tell everyone else about a project that's going in your gift bags!

As many of you know, I'm a lifetime member of Girl Scouts. Its the only thing I've done longer than be in school - which is really saying something. There are several things that I have naturally incorporated in my life that I've gotten from Girl Scouting, but the one that rears its head most often is our motto: be prepared. All of the tedious planning I've done up until this point has been motivated by that simple statement. And last night, I made something that will hook my 'maids up in the event some unforeseen issue comes up.

Meet the Bridesmaid Survival Kit.


Inside, each 'maid will find tissue, band aids, a pack of Tylenol, a Shout wipe, a tube of chap stick, an emery board, a few bobby pins, and a few peppermints (my fave; pun intended).

Everything was purchased either on that travel aisle at Target or in the beauty section at Walmart, and I maybe spent about $10 total (yup, for all 6). I threw together some labels in PowerPoint that were thankfully as cute on paper as they were in my head. Not bad for $10 and about 30 minutes of my time, huh?

And can we just talk about how cute they are? I think this might be the cutest thing I've made for the wedding. Okay, maybe thats a stretch. They might be the cutest thing I've made this month for the wedding :)

Some of you may be wondering what kind of party I'm planning that would require a "survival" kit. Completely valid (and hilarious) question. No, I'm not planning to host a mosh pit in place of the bouquet toss. But, I do think that when you have so many ladies in close proximity, all dressed up, during (what I hope will be) a very exciting weekend, things are bound to happen.

So now, when they do, at least my 'maids will be prepared.

1 comment:

  1. lol! esp @ the bandaids for the moshing and the tylenol from the headache due to an all night alcohol binge.

    ReplyDelete

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥