Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Where's Patti?

So I completely fell off last week. Normally, I'd say I wasnt sure what happened, but I know exactly what happened.

These happened.


Yes, my lovelies, those are our wedding invites, all assembled, addressed and almost ready to go in the mail. And you know what that means - its almost time for another tell-all post about how I pulled them off. Like last time, you'll have to wait until they are hand-delivered (on August 1st) and mailed. Once I get word that they've made it to the West Coast, you and I have a hot date with the invites. I better start saving up some energy, cause I got a lot of 'splainin to do.

This week (so far) and last week have been full of hunting down addresses, printing labels, using my glue runner and dots, checking and double checking lists, and shouting curse words at the guestlist that finally stopped growing (at 188 guests). My last assembly tasks are to seal them and add the postage.

Ahh, postage. Postage has been on my list of things that I've been secretly fretting about. I really wanted them to only need 1 stamp. One regular (now) $0.44 stamp. The way to do that is to make sure it weighs less than 1 ounce, is not square, and does not have any raised areas. So light, rectangular, and flat. I did that. But I couldn't really relax about it until I took it not one, but two places to be weighed.

They came in at .8 ounce.

So now I can transfer the fret to something else. Maybe the rehearsal and the rehearsal mixer dinner. But that's a story for another day.

Today I am basking in the glow of a mission accomplished. I'm pretty sure I love our invite suite - in all of its one-stamp-needing glory - way more than you're supposed to love paper. They are simply fab, classic without being fussy, and deliciously kiwi and teal.

::swoon::

2 comments:

  1. I was waiting for the invitation-assembly recruitment phone call, but I see you took care of it. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Naima: I hit up Dani and Brew when they were in town. They helped me tackle a the bulk of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥