Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What A Girl Wants is a Wedding Website

I always knew that I wanted a wedding-website. Long before I even got engaged, I just knew that I wanted one. I figured one of us (us=bride or groom) would have out of town guests (OOTs) that would need to be accomodated , and that a website is an excellent way to handle that. I've just been struggling with it. There are lots of options, both free and paid, and subsequenty ALOT of ways you can go with it.

No offense TK, but I cant do it. Ya'll really need to step it up. Same with the weddingchannel, and a whole bunch of other peoples services. I'm not against paying for it, but it needs to be a pretty awesome set up, and so far, I am unimpressed.

I also was/am toying with the idea of doing a freewebs page. Its free (duh), which is great, but it requires alot of legwork on my end, and I am not entirely thrilled with the setup. I could also potentially have my cousin do a site from scratch for me, but ideally, this website would be a situation where I could update it regularly and from my lovely Toshiba (anywhere in the world - LOL).

Fast forward to tonight. Earlier, on Weddingbee (yes, its my new fave hangout), I stumbled across a tag for a website where they used good ol blogger to do it. Blogger! Who would have thought?! And a few other bees have followed suit, so there are at least tips to get you started, and a whole lot of options. Which is good for a girl who isnt 100% sure what she wants.

Like I've said before, there is a plus in having loads of time. I want our site to go live in October (lol, Idunno where I got "go live" from), but when it goes live, I want it to be equipped with bios, pics, our story, etc. All your standard website fare, plus some fun extras just for stopping by. And considering how successful I've been with my past attempts at a website, whatever I do go with will definitely be a process....just like everything else.

So the newest website plan? Blogger. Infact, I'm going to look into it as soon as I post this.

Yes, I'll keep you posted (pun intended) :)
xoxox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥