Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm in love with a....photographer!!

[sung to the tune of Gavin DeGraw's I'm in Love with a Girl: I'm in loooove with a photographer....(I'm.in.love.with)]

Okay not really, but I am very pleased.

See, for the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to nail down our next major expense: photography. Not that I wanted it to be the most expensive, but I wanted to be able to have a bit of flexibility with whomever was chosen, yet not break the bank.

Well, for a while, I was loving my #2 selection: www.rebeccahinsonphotograpy.com. I found her on craisgslist I believe, and her photos were lovely and her prices were totally in our range. Plus, it wasnt until I found her site that I realized we were interested in getting all of our digital images. Getting actual photos was fine too, but I really want to be able to have all the images to do with what we like...think albums, photo collages, slideshows, etc.

Chatting with Krissi confirmed that.

So the night I was contacting her, I was talking generally to Krisitin about selecting a photographer in general, and she told me she popped by our good ol friend theknot.com. It was there that I found my first choice for a photographer: Chelsey. Her work can be found at www.chelseyboatwright.com. There was just something about her pictures. It was kinda like the vibe I got when I saw the photographer whos going to take our engagement pics. I was absolutely smitten.

...and I still am now.

Now all isnt quite peaches and cream, but her package is something we can work with and I saw on her site that there is a possibility for custom packages. Idunno what that entails, but our perfect package would be about 6 hours of coverages, and all of our images on CD - we wouldnt necessarily need to have prints since you can get those anywhere for pretty cheap.

I'll keep you posted, but in the meatime....I'm in loooove with a photographer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥