Friday, October 9, 2009

The Google Bride, or, What Google Failed to Mention (part 3)

...and we are back. If you?ve stayed through Parts 1 and 2 you know that the day was full of surprises. Only 2 more surprising things to discuss.

Google failed to mention....

6. How difficult sitting would be. I knew my dress, in all of her fabulousness was a thick. And even though she fit like a glove, sitting was an ordeal. An ordeal Im sure that our videographer and several guests witnessed. That is why having our meal served (see #4) was a nice treat. Usually, when I needed to sit down the Hubs had to step in and assist (by pushing the chair, or just supporting me as I plopped down). We ended up taking the hotel shuttle to and from the venue and that was just as difficult. I could not see my feet for most of the day, so lets just say getting in and out of that shuttle was ?fun? And by fun, I mean scary and slightly unnerving.

7. How being fully in the moment can be joyously overwhelming. I cant describe the experience of walking down the aisle towards the man of your dreams. It was amazing. And exhilarating. And overwhelming. I was on the verge of tears as soon as we got to the venue. It was like the hugeness of the event that was about to transpire got the best of me. But I was still experiencing extremely positive affect. I managed to wait til it was time to walk down the aisle to cry. By the time I got to Hubs, I had composed myself again. But the feeling was still there. And it hung out with me for the rest of the day. Because for the rest of the day I tried to stay in the moment. Time to cut the cake? I am there. Dancing at the reception and entertaining friends in our suite afterwards...there and loving every minute. It was an wonderful on-another-level-type-of-day and I tried to be fully present and in the moment for thrill of it all.

That is all I got for now. As I look back over this list, I will concede that some of these things I probably needed to experience to believe or did not know to Google. But some of the others? I feel like that stuff should have shown up in at least one of my queries. Oh well. I was not informed, but I am okay with knowing that at least I have passed the knowledge on to you. And now we all know!

1 comment:

  1. Girl number 7 has ME a bit teary! That is so beautiful! Congrats again! You gonna change the title of your blog & the description?

    ReplyDelete

Since you stopped by, you should say hi! Feel free to leave your $.02! ♥